Much of the natural gas produced in the US contains hydrocarbon liquids or natural gas liquids (NGLs) in the vapor phase, and while NGLs are valuable they are not ideal for natural gas being used as a fuel gas within a station or natural gas which is going to be sold at pipeline specifications. This is because the NGLs raise both the dew point and the heating value of the gas. When the gas is out of specification or “off spec” it can have disastrous results including but not limited to lowering performance of gas driven engines, increased emissions, two phase slugging in major pipelines, melting flares or burring up compressor engines. In order to avoid these large upsets, it is necessary to process the gas or treat it to remove these NGLs. A common industry package used to achieve this is referred to as a Fuel Gas Condoning Skid. Our Fuel Gas Condoning Skids are designed to meet Pipeline and gas driven engine specifications.
- Fuel Gas Conditioning Skid systems have a cheaper capital cost and operating costs compared to Mechanical Refrigeration Units.
- Can be designed using standard carbon steel down to a -10°F dew point.
- Spitzer Industries Fuel Gas Conditioning Skid are modularized for quick placement onto your facility for gas treating.
- Spitzer Industries has over 20 years of Fuel Gas Conditioning Skid design and fabrication experience.
- There are no power requirements or mechanical moving parts, giving this the skid the ability to be started up immediately after being bolted in.
- Spitzer Industries has over 20 years of Gas Processing Equipment unit design and fabrication experience.