Much of the natural gas produced in the US contains hydrocarbon liquids or natural gas liquids (NGLs) in the vapor phase, and while NGLs are valuable they are not ideal for natural gas being used as a fuel gas within a station or natural gas which is going to be sold at pipeline specifications. This is because the NGLs raise both the dew point and the heating value of the gas. Often, there is a commercial benefit to separating the NGL’s from the gas in greater amounts than required to meet pipeline spec due to a premium price paid for equivalent heating value of NGL’s. When it is economically beneficial to recover these liquids a common industry package used to achieve this is referred to as a Joules-Thompson unit or JT unit. Spitzers JT unit dry will gas beyond pipeline specification and while maximizing NGL / condensate recovery.
- JT systems have a lower capital and operating costs compared to Mechanical Refrigeration Units and GSP Cryogenic plants.
- Spitzer JT Units are designed with the capability to seamlessly integrate an optional mechanical refrigeration unit.
- Spitzer JT Units are modularized for quick placement onto your facility for gas treating.
- JT Units have no power requirements or mechanical moving parts (aside from instrumentation), allowing the skid to be started up and operated immediately after installation.
- Spitzer Industries has over 20 years of Gas Processing Equipment unit design and fabrication experience.