Welcome to Spitzer Industries!
As a recognized industry leader in designing and fabricating high-specification equipment for the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas industries, Spitzer emphasizes a team approach and demands the highest standards of personal and professional integrity from employees. All positions are based in Houston, Texas.
SUMMARY OF PROJECT MANAGER DUTIES
Plan, execute and evaluate projects according to predetermined budget and timelines. Manage project development from initiation to closure, ensuring quality control throughout the project.
Reports to Director of Projects and/or Site Operations Vice President
Supervises Project Coordinator, Project Administrator and Document Administrator
This position has the following general/minimum responsibilities:
- Establish project controls related to scheduling and the commercial implications defined in the awarded contract and the proposed scope of work.
- Works closely with other department heads to ensure the success of a given project, to understand the duration needed to execute the scope of the project, and to reflect that duration in the overall project schedule.
- Support and ensure compliance with all OSHA and HSE policies throughout the company.
- Build a relationship with the client by keeping the client up to date on the progress of the project.
- Works with the Project Controls group to define the schedule and maintain its accuracy throughout the project.
- Manage the engineering efforts and schedule meetings between the client and engineering groups to ensure that all design requirements are being executed according to contract requirements.
- Review requisitioned materials to select suppliers who will meet or exceed project cost and delivery requirements.
- Review all documentation generated on the project prior to release to the client for approval or into production for fabrication.
- Manage change-order costing efforts between the company and the client.
- Provide direction to Project Coordinators in support of the project; work with the Project Administrator to ensure that documents are being maintained throughout the project.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information in the project network folder, master drawing and project job books. Review completed final data books prior to their submittal to the client.
- Make selection of subcontractors to ensure that execution of their scope of the project meets all requirements defined by the company through internal standards and client specifications.
- Monitor fabrication work, including subcontract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
- Obtain formal project releases from both the quality and engineering group prior to shipment of the complete project.
- Perform additional assignments and responsibilities as needed to support the successful execution of the project.
The following education, experience and knowledge are preferred for this position:
- May require a bachelor's degree and four to seven years of experience in subsea systems or in a related area, or five to ten years of experience in scheduling, materials or engineering with exposure to the project management process.
- Must demonstrate exceptional negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact with suppliers, clients and co-workers in a team environment.
- Strong planning and execution abilities
WORK ENVORNMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require frequent weekend and evening work.
- Frequent sitting and operating a computer.
- May require trips to shop and to other offices in the facility. Some exposure to possible shop hazards including high noise, heavy meachinery and shop traffic.
- Some travel for vendor/client contact.