Welcome to Spitzer Industries!
As a recognized industry leader in designing and fabricating high-specification equipment for the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas industries, Spitzer emphasizes a team approach and demands the highest standards of personal and professional integrity from employees. All positions are based in Houston, Texas.
SUMMARY OF PROCESS ENGINEER DUTIES
The Process Engineer I is responsible for engineering support for project concept development, new business opportunities and new design by performing process analysis, process design, computer modeling and economic analysis.
The candidate will perform conceptual process design of RFQ packages and complete preliminary design analysis including process simulation and completion of applicable data sheets.
- Use a broad range of process engineering capabilities to evaluate, develop, model and optimize ideas in support of capital projects and operational issues.
- Perform engineering evaluations and technical feasibility related to new business development opportunities.
- Confer with estimating, operations and management to develop a proposed project scope definition.
- Report technical findings and insight to aid the collaborative decision-making process.
- Interface with outside providers of engineering services to support work effort as needed.
- Continually develop proficiency in software packages such as those used for process simulation and optimization and design graphics.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of Process/Mechanical Engineering is required in the upstream and midstream oil and gas business.
- Previous experience in dehydration, condensate/crude stabilization, amine and separation is required.
- Command of general oil and gas process industry principles and calculations.
- Solid operations and/or design experience with a variety of forms of heat transfer, rotating equipment and line hydraulics.
- Understanding of ASME pressure vessels is required.
- Instrument design experience and understanding is required.
- Understanding of good project and process engineering management practices.
- Proficient with computer modeling software (BR&E Promax is preferred).
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge and experience in Microsoft software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills involving a very broad array of engineering disciplines and organizational levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks with limited supervision.
- Limited travel; however, some project commissioning may be required as needed.